However, there are various proactive steps one can take to minimise exposure to allergens and alleviate symptoms. From simple daily habits to utilising specialised organic products, here's a comprehensive guide to reducing allergy triggers and promoting overall well-being.
What is allergy?
According to the NHS website, an allergy is where your body reacts to something that's normally harmless like pollen, dust or animal fur. The symptoms can be mild, but for some people they can be very serious.
Tips for Minimising Allergy Symptoms
- Use organic allergy barrier HayMax. ic, drug-free balm can be applied to the nostrils and around the bones of the eyes in the morning, throughout the day and at night to trap dust and pet allergens and more than a third of pollen before it enters the body. Less allergen, less reaction.
- Maintain Personal Hygiene. Regularly washing your face, especially after spending time outdoors on high pollen count days, can effectively remove allergens from your skin and prevent them from triggering allergic reactions. Additionally, using a cool compress can provide relief to irritated eyes, whether from pollen, dust, or pet dander.
- Wash Bedding Frequently. Bedding serves as a breeding ground for dust mites and accumulates pollen and pet allergens over time. Washing bedding regularly helps eliminate these allergens, while anti-allergy bedding made from 'intelligent fibers' provides an extra layer of protection by limiting dust mite growth and reducing allergen exposure.
- Evening Shower Routine. Showering at night before bedtime helps remove pollen particles, dust, and pet allergens from your hair and body, preventing them from transferring onto bedding and exacerbating allergy symptoms while you sleep.
- Pet Care. If you have pets, ensure they are well-groomed and regularly shampooed to remove pet allergens and pollen particles from their fur, reducing allergen exposure within your home environment.
- Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle. Staying hydrated and consuming a diet rich in fruits and vegetables supports overall health and strengthens the immune system, potentially reducing the severity of allergy symptoms.