- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Put the butter cubes and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat them together until light and fluffy.
- Break the egg into the bowl and beat to incorporate.
- Add in the flour and desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Using your hands gather the mix together to form a smooth ball of dough.
- Put the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, shape, and wrap it into a 5cm/2” diameter cylinder
- Put the dough cylinder into the icebox or freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm or until required.
- When ready to bake, remove the cookie dough from the icebox and unwrap it.
- Cut the dough into 7mm/¼” thick slices.
- Transfer the slices to the prepared baking tray, making sure they keep their round shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- Cool the cookies on the baking tray for a few minutes before lifting them onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store cold cookies in an airtight tin.
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
Recipe and images: Doves Farm