- Soak the sushi rice and cook as instructed on the box. Once cooked season it with the Ume su seasoning, mix it and then set aside to cool.
- Place your Nori sheet shiny side down. Fold in half to find the middle mark and cut to the centre. Now you should see four squares. Check the image below.
- First place your rice on the two squares on the right and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds.
- Add the sliced or smashed avocado on the top and place the watercress and pickled onion on the bottom.
- Now gently fold the watercress on to the avocado then on to the rice then on to the last rice. You can eat it at this point or cut in half to make two triangles.
- We hope you enjoyed making this - you can use any filling you like - let us know in the comment below your favourite fillings.
Tip: Remember shiny side down when using sushi nori.
Recipe is Vegan & Gluten Free
Recipe by Lisa Dawson @Clearspring