Organic flowers are the most sustainable way to grow and buy flowers. Today we explore both - how to grow your own organic flowers, and where to buy organic flowers in the UK.
Grow your own organic flowers
To grow your own organic flowers you need to consider the following:
- choose flowers which are suited for your soil type and locality;
- make sure there are no weeds and there is enough light in the growing area;
- choose the right compost;
- sew at the right time of the year - it depends on the flowers you decide to grow;
- consider if you want the flowers to be beneficial for wildlife and pollinators.
You can find more details on how to grow your own organic flowers on the Garden Organic UK website.
Buy organic flowers
If you are thinking about buying organic flowers - then take a look at the Abel and Cole online shop, where you can find a vast selection of organic flowers and plants. Their range also includes seeds, composts, plants, and everything you need to make your own organic, and truly sustainable garden.
Organic flowers are hard to come by and this really is the most sustainable way to buy flowers. Abel & Cole growers don’t use any nasty inputs and their pots are plastic free with a wood-pulp pot nestled inside a paper bag.
Organic Flower Arranging with Anne from Abel & Cole: